- Laser Hair Removal for the Red Carpet!
- What is Hypertrichosis?
- New Website for Quinn Clinics
- Best Time of Year for Laser Hair Removal
- January Sale: 2018 Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Christmas Opening Hours 2017
- NHS Laser Hair Removal
- Toe Hair Removal Tops List of Embarrassing Beauty Secrets
- November Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Life After Laser Hair Removal
What is Hypertrichosis?
Excessive Hair Growth
Hypertrichosis is a medical term which refers to excessive hair growth.
The condition can affect any part of the body or face and can cause considerable distress and embarrassment.
Hypertrichosis is caused by abnormally high levels of male hormones and can affect women as well as men.
Treatment options are limited, and the results of therapy not always satisfactory.
A paper entitled ‘Causes and management of hypertrichosis’ by the Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland was published in 2002. The abstract suggested laser hair removal as the best treatment option.
“No single method of hair removal is appropriate for all body locations or patients, and the one adopted will depend on the character, area, and amount of hair growth, as well as on the age of the patient, and their personal preference.
“The currently available treatment methods include cosmetic procedures (bleaching, trimming, shaving, plucking, waxing, chemical depilatories, and electrosurgical epilation), and hair removal using light sources and lasers.
“Laser-assisted hair removal is the most efficient method of long-term hair removal currently available.”
See more at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12444804
Long-Lasting Hair Reduction
Laser hair removal is effective as the results are long-term not short term. The treatment involves destroying the hair follicle, so that the hair simply cannot regrow. The hair may not be removed 100% forever and ‘top up treatments’ may be required in the future. However, laser hair removal can be expected to deliver a very noticeable improvement.
Laser Hair Removal for Excess Hair Growth
Quinn Clinics’ Bristol Laser Hair Removal centre based in Bristol is owned by Dr John Quinn, a fully qualified doctor who is on hand to advise if necessary.
The company offers a choice of 2 laser hair removal systems, so can recommend the most appropriate as dictated by the type and location of hair to be treated.
- Syneron Candela elōs Plus with Motif is advanced technology with pain-free laser hair removal, especially suitable for treating a larger area e.g. legs, chests, shoulders or backs.
- Lumenis Lightsheer DESIRE machine is a “gold standard laser” for outstanding results in permanent hair reduction – an upgrade from our previous popular Lightsheer machine.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers Laser Hair Removal with fully trained staff. As Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
While many competitors charge for the initial consultation, at Quinn Clinics there is a free consultation and skin more without any pressure.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592