- Hands Up! Underarm Laser Hair Removal £200
- Bristol Laser Hair Removal Clinic Relocates to Redlands
- Celebrity Laser Hair Removal – Rita Ora
- Dare to Bare… Ultimate Summer Legs
- Laser Hair Removal with Built-In Cooler
- YouTube: Laser Hair Removal Demonstration Video
- Cheapest Laser Hair Removal Prices, Bristol
- Laser Hair Removal for the Red Carpet!
- What is Hypertrichosis?
- New Website for Quinn Clinics
Hirsutism, Causes and Treatment Options
Excessive Hair Growth
Hirsutism is a condition which relates to excessive or superfluous hair.
The hair tends to be not only plentiful, but also often a coarse, thick texture.
The most common cause of hirsutism is excessive androgens (male sex hormone). Certain drugs can also cause the problem.
It is a more common problem than you may imagine. A study has indicated that up to 10% of women in the UK aged between 18 and 38 had some form of hirsutism.
The impact of hirsutism is twofold.
- Physical problem
Having to deal with excessive amounts of hair is a daily battle for those who have the condition. Hair removal becomes an essential part of grooming with the need to remove hair from the body. Most women tend to remove hair from the legs and armpits, but those with hirsutism may also find the need to remove hair from other areas too, such as the arms or stomach
- Psychological battle
The impact on self-esteem and confidence can be considerable for hirsutism sufferers. The feeling of not being ‘normal’ can lead to low mood. This can be exacerbated by having to spend time shaving/waxing or just worrying about the hair growth being noticeable
Treatments for Hirsutism
If there are any concerns about underlying medical conditions, then it is wise to understand this. Excessive hair is usually a symptom rather than a condition in itself.
Quinn Clinics’ Bristol Laser Hair Removal centre based in Bristol is owned by Dr John Quinn, a fully qualified doctor who is on hand to advise if necessary.
Hair Removal Options for Hirsutism
Temporary Benefit from Well Known and Widely Used Methods
- Shaving, depilatory creams, tweezing, plucking, waxing, sugaring
Long-Term Hair Reduction
- Long term hair reduction involves destroying the hair follicle, so that it cannot grow hair
- Options include electrolysis, lasers, IPL, light based machines
- The hair may not be removed 100% forever, but it will be removed to a significant degree
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers Laser Hair Removal with fully trained staff. As Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
While many competitors charge for the initial consultation, at Quinn Clinics there is a free consultation and skin more without any pressure.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592