- November Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Life After Laser Hair Removal
- Autumn Laser Hair Removal
- Hirsutism, Causes and Treatment Options
- How Lasers Can Stimulate Hair Growth
- Telegraph Beauty Blushes: Ingrown Hairs
- Laser Hair Removal Eye Safety Information
- 1 in 4 DIY Pubic Grooming Leads to Injury
- Threading Top Lip Hair Removal
- Hair Removal Cream Pros and Cons
Holiday Planning for Laser Hair Removal
How To Manage Your Treatment Schedule
Most people having laser hair removal tend to book a course of treatments.
However, what do you do if your holidays clash with a laser hair removal session?
Don’t panic. The answer is simply to plan around the holiday.
Contact your laser hair removal centre as early as possible so that a plan can be worked out around your dates. Treatment sessions are normally a few weeks apart. You should not be expected to forego any sessions that you’re away for, but they’ll need to be fixed either before or after your holiday, depending on how the dates fall. Once that session has been rearranged, the laser hair removal clinic should recalculate the rest of the treatment plan so that the optimum gap between treatments is maintained for the rest of the course.
Timing of Laser Hair Removal
A course of laser hair removal treatment is planned to coincide with the hair growth cycle. The laser can only treat hair during the ‘active’ phase and when it’s been treated, it won’t regrow. Therefore the next treatment date in a programme will treat the next lot of new hair.
Treatment sessions are a few weeks apart to take account of this and the cumulative benefit of laser hair removal is noticeable after each session – as there is less remaining hair left.
The exact delay between treatments depends on the area being treated. It should also take account of commitments such as holidays.
One other factor to bear in mind with regard to holidays is the need to avoid sun exposure when having laser hair removal:
- avoid sun exposure before treatment too (to ensure maximum colour contrast i.e. that the skin is pale and the hair is dark)
- avoid sun exposure after treatment (as the skin will be more sensitive to the sun) AND use high factor SPF and/or cover with clothing
Find out more in our Laser Hair Removal FAQ
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton sees many patients each year for laser hair removal. Our therapists can help to plan the optimum timing with respect to weddings, holidays or other major events.
Staff are fully trained and as Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
While many competitors charge for the initial consultation, at Quinn Clinics there is a free consultation and skin more without any pressure.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592