- November Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Life After Laser Hair Removal
- Autumn Laser Hair Removal
- Hirsutism, Causes and Treatment Options
- How Lasers Can Stimulate Hair Growth
- Telegraph Beauty Blushes: Ingrown Hairs
- Laser Hair Removal Eye Safety Information
- 1 in 4 DIY Pubic Grooming Leads to Injury
- Threading Top Lip Hair Removal
- Hair Removal Cream Pros and Cons
Ingrown Hair and Laser Hair Removal
Ingrown hair (or ingrowing hairs) are individual hairs which instead of growing out of the follicle and staying above the skin’s surface; instead curl round and grow back into the skin.
In shaved areas, the hair that grows back has a sharper edge and can easily poke back into the skin. Ingrown hairs can also occur when the hair follicle becomes clogged with dead skin cells, so the hair inside grows sideways.
Ingrown hairs may sound a minor complaint, but can actually be very irritating indeed.
Ingrown Hair Symptoms:
- Raised red spots
- Infected pus-filled spots
- Sensitive and painful skin
Treatments for Ingrown Hair
- First and foremost, leave ingrown hairs alone – they may just disappear of their own accord
- Keep the skin moisturised to make it easier to shave
- Exfoliate the area with a scrub, loofah or brush to remove dead skin hairs that may clog the hair follicles (take care on more sensitive areas such as the face). Professional microdermabrasion may help in some cases
- Don’t pick, squeeze or scratch an ingrown hair – this can cause infection which in turn raises the risk of scarring
- For stubborn ingrown hairs visible near the skin’s surface, sterile tweezers or needles may be used to carefully tease the hair out – but this should be done with great caution
Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal is a revelation for clients who are inclined to suffer with ingrown hairs.
This treatment destroys hair at the follicle so that it simply cannot regrow. Skin is left smooth and hair-free.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers laser hair removal with fully trained staff. As Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
While many competitors charge for the initial consultation, at Quinn Clinics there is a free consultation and skin more without any pressure.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592