- November Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Life After Laser Hair Removal
- Autumn Laser Hair Removal
- Hirsutism, Causes and Treatment Options
- How Lasers Can Stimulate Hair Growth
- Telegraph Beauty Blushes: Ingrown Hairs
- Laser Hair Removal Eye Safety Information
- 1 in 4 DIY Pubic Grooming Leads to Injury
- Threading Top Lip Hair Removal
- Hair Removal Cream Pros and Cons
Laser Safety Standard Classes
What do they mean?
All laser products for sale in the UK are classified from Class 1 to Class 4, based on the power of the laser and risk to damage unprotected eyes.
The Laser Classification System is set out in EN 60825-1 and
Class 1 is safe under normal operating conditions, Class 2 is safe for accidental exposure (assuming the natural aversion/blink response is under 0.25 seconds), Class 3 is potentially hazardous for direct exposure. Class 4 is potentially hazardous to both direct viewing and diffuse (scattered reflection).
A large number of medical lasers fall into Class 4 and therefore it is important to check that propers safety precautions and training are in place.
- Protective eyewear should be worn by the patient throughout the procedure
- The laser operator should also wear protective eyewear
- BS EN 207 and BS EN 208 are the official safety standards for laser eyewear
- Entry to the room is strictly controlled whilst treatment is being given.
Standards here may vary. Our advice is to always look for well trained laser hair removal operators, who have been specifically be trained to use the powerful laser equipment
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers a choice of 2 state of the art laser hair removal machines depending on each patient’s unique requirements. Both were purchased new and have been fully serviced and maintained to assure high standards:
- Candela elōs Plus with Motif
- Lumenis Lightsheer
Staff are fully trained and as Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
While many competitors charge for the initial consultation, at Quinn Clinics there is a free consultation and skin more without any pressure.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592