- Bristol Laser Hair Removal Clinic Relocates to Redlands
- Celebrity Laser Hair Removal – Rita Ora
- Dare to Bare… Ultimate Summer Legs
- Laser Hair Removal with Built-In Cooler
- YouTube: Laser Hair Removal Demonstration Video
- Cheapest Laser Hair Removal Prices, Bristol
- Laser Hair Removal for the Red Carpet!
- What is Hypertrichosis?
- New Website for Quinn Clinics
- Best Time of Year for Laser Hair Removal
UK Laser Safety Standards
What safety standards apply for hair removal machines?
All laser products that are introduced for sale in the UK (including laser hair removal devices) must comply with various safety standards.
These standards are put in place in order to protect the general public. The current applicable safety standards for laser in the UK are:
- BS/EN 60825-1:2014
‘Part 1: Equipment classification and requirements’.
- BS/EN 60601-2-22:2013
‘Medical electrical equipment: Particular requirements for basic safety and essential performance of surgical, cosmetic, therapeutic and diagnostic laser equipment.’.
- The above standards are functionally identical to the equivalent international standards produced by the IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission). Therefore products complying with the international standard will also comply with the UK standards
- The United States is not a signatory of the IEC, devices made in the US do not necessarily comply with BS/EN 60825-1 and 60601-22
Who enforces these standards?
Laser safety standards should be enforced by bodies such as Trading Standards.
However, a feature in Aesthetics Journal notes:
“…as manufacturers are able to self-certify it is very difficult for Trading Standards to find non-compliance in products that are coming in from overseas unless a product is reported to them by a consumer.”
The best advice is for patients to choose reputable clinics who have invested in good, reliable laser hair removal machines; which meet all the UK standards and are also serviced and maintained in the best possible condition..
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers a choice of 2 state of the art laser hair removal machines depending on each patient’s unique requirements. Both were purchased new and have been fully serviced and maintained to assure high standards:
- Candela elōs Plus with Motif
- Lumenis Lightsheer
Staff are fully trained and as Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
While many competitors charge for the initial consultation, at Quinn Clinics there is a free consultation and skin more without any pressure.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592