- What is Hypertrichosis?
- New Website for Quinn Clinics
- Best Time of Year for Laser Hair Removal
- January Sale: 2018 Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Christmas Opening Hours 2017
- NHS Laser Hair Removal
- Toe Hair Removal Tops List of Embarrassing Beauty Secrets
- November Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Life After Laser Hair Removal
- Autumn Laser Hair Removal
Telegraph’s Ultimate Guide to Laser Hair Removal
The Telegraph has published a guide to laser hair removal in order to provide useful and reliable information for anybody considering treatment.
One of the key areas covered is an explanation of how laser hair removal treatment works and the difference in using laser vs IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment.
See full article in The Telegraph.
How do lasers and IPL work?
The Telegraph explains:
“Light based hair removal, including IPL (Intense Pulse Light) and laser use specific wavelengths of light that are absorbed by the pigment in your hair.
“The light travels down the hair shaft until it reaches the root, where the build up of heat kills the cells in the roots.
“While IPL scatters the light rays and is less predictable, lasers provide an intense beam of light and are thought to be more effective in their results.”
What should you ask before having a laser treatment?
Laser hair removal varies widely in the UK with great inconsistency between providers which can affect both safety and quality of result. Key issues are:
- Type of equipment used – laser vs IPL
- Age of equipment
- Condition of machine and bulbs
- Level of technology – advanced laser vs more basic systems
- Competence of practitioner
- Training of practitioner
- Experience of practitioner
- Medical backup
The Telegraph suggests a series of questions that readers can use to reassure themselves
- What type of laser is going to be used and what is the wavelength?
- How does it differ from other lasers and IPL?
- Have you treated darker skin tones before?
- Am I suitable to be treated – is the hair dark enough and is it thick enough?
- How should I prepare for my first session?
- Can you test out rhythm of the pulses whilst carrying out the procedure?
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers a choice of 2 state of the art laser hair removal machines depending on each patient’s unique requirements:
- Candela elōs Plus with Motif
- Lumenis Lightsheer
Staff are fully trained and as Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
While many competitors charge for the initial consultation, at Quinn Clinics there is a free consultation and skin more without any pressure.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592