- What is Hypertrichosis?
- New Website for Quinn Clinics
- Best Time of Year for Laser Hair Removal
- January Sale: 2018 Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Christmas Opening Hours 2017
- NHS Laser Hair Removal
- Toe Hair Removal Tops List of Embarrassing Beauty Secrets
- November Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Life After Laser Hair Removal
- Autumn Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Helps Amputee Skin Problems
Researchers in USA has found that laser hair removal has a positive benefit in helping skin problems for amputees wearing prosthetic limbs.
The study was led by an Army captain dermatologist, who noted that around 40% of military amputees suffered from skin problems at the joint interface – particularly:
- skin irritation
Laser hair removal has been used for over a decade to improve skin conditions for amputees, according to a news release from the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.
This study assessed 10 veterans with a total 16 prostheses to see just how laser hair removal could improve skin problems at the joint interface and to explore the benefits.
Each patient completed questionnaires before treatment and at the end of a course of laser hair removal treatment. The results showed significant improvement in wellbeing even for patients who’d only had one session. Reported benefits of treatment were:
- Less itching, pain, irritation, sweating and pulling of leg hair
- Less frustration and improvement in other emotional factors
- Improved performance in exercise, work, and recreation
- Sweat reduction/less sweat accumulation – meaning less slippage of the prosthetic and a greater feeling of security/confidence
Medical Use of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is generally considered a procedure for convenience and aesthetic benefits, but there are medical applications too.
It is also an excellent option for sufferers of PCOS (polycystic ovaries) who suffer excess hair growth.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers a choice of 2 state of the art laser hair removal machines:
Staff are fully trained and as Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
Quinn Clinics offer a free consultation and skin more without any pressure for clients to learn more.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592