- How Lasers Can Stimulate Hair Growth
- Telegraph Beauty Blushes: Ingrown Hairs
- Laser Hair Removal Eye Safety Information
- 1 in 4 DIY Pubic Grooming Leads to Injury
- Threading Top Lip Hair Removal
- Hair Removal Cream Pros and Cons
- Transgender Laser Hair Removal
- Holiday Planning for Laser Hair Removal
- Razor Hygiene Risks
- Laser Hair Removal Discounts
Laser Hair Removal Helps Amputee Skin Problems
Researchers in USA has found that laser hair removal has a positive benefit in helping skin problems for amputees wearing prosthetic limbs.
The study was led by an Army captain dermatologist, who noted that around 40% of military amputees suffered from skin problems at the joint interface – particularly:
- skin irritation
Laser hair removal has been used for over a decade to improve skin conditions for amputees, according to a news release from the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.
This study assessed 10 veterans with a total 16 prostheses to see just how laser hair removal could improve skin problems at the joint interface and to explore the benefits.
Each patient completed questionnaires before treatment and at the end of a course of laser hair removal treatment. The results showed significant improvement in wellbeing even for patients who’d only had one session. Reported benefits of treatment were:
- Less itching, pain, irritation, sweating and pulling of leg hair
- Less frustration and improvement in other emotional factors
- Improved performance in exercise, work, and recreation
- Sweat reduction/less sweat accumulation – meaning less slippage of the prosthetic and a greater feeling of security/confidence
Medical Use of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is generally considered a procedure for convenience and aesthetic benefits, but there are medical applications too.
It is also an excellent option for sufferers of PCOS (polycystic ovaries) who suffer excess hair growth.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers a choice of 2 state of the art laser hair removal machines:
Staff are fully trained and as Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
Quinn Clinics offer a free consultation and skin more without any pressure for clients to learn more.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592