- Laser Hair Removal for the Red Carpet!
- What is Hypertrichosis?
- New Website for Quinn Clinics
- Best Time of Year for Laser Hair Removal
- January Sale: 2018 Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Christmas Opening Hours 2017
- NHS Laser Hair Removal
- Toe Hair Removal Tops List of Embarrassing Beauty Secrets
- November Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Life After Laser Hair Removal
Bikini Lines… the Naked Truth!
USA Survey Reveals Facts on ‘Personal Grooming’
For those wondering what to do about their bikini line this year, a USA survey has revealed some interesting statistics into what is the most common practice.
Online research based on a survey of over 3,000 women showed that a majority of women had ‘groomed’ their pubic hair and over half did so for perceived hygiene reasons.
- 83.8% of women reported a history of pubic hair grooming
- 16.2% reported having no history of pubic grooming.
- The mean frequency was monthly
- Top motivations for grooming included
- hygiene purposes (59%)
- part of their routine (46%)
- partner preference (21%)
- Top situations for which they groom included:
- sexual relations(56%)
- holidays (46%)
- visits to the doctor (40%)
NHS UK shared the results on their news website with a comment on the perceived health benefits, saying:
“While you may decide to shave your public hair for aesthetic reasons, you should be aware that there are no health benefits”
However, the practice has certainly become more popular over the last couple of decades and the article goes on to say:
“Pubic hair grooming is a prevalent modern practice in the developed world, thought to have become widespread in the late 1990s, being popularised by TV shows of the time, such as Sex and the City.”
Results of the survey were featured in the news including
- More women think shaving pubic hair is ‘hygenic’ despite greater health risks. The Independent, July 1 2016
- More women are grooming down below, for sex, holidays and seeing the doctor – but experts warn of a ‘greater risk of injury and STDs’. Mail Online, June 29 2016
- Most Women Prefer to Go Bare, Citing Hygiene (and Baffling Doctors). The New York Times, June 29 2016
For further information on the NHS website see https://www.nhs.uk/news/lifestyle-and-exercise/many-women-think-shaving-pubic-hair-is-hygienic/
Bikini Line Treatments
For those keen to manage the growth in the bikini area, laser hair removal is an option which offers permanent hair reduction, ending the need for embarrassing waxes.
Laser hair removal is offered at Quinn Clinics in Bristol with highly trained laser hair removal technicians. Options and prices include:
- Standard Bikini
£80 single treatment, £400 course of six
- Lip & chin together
£92 single treatment, £460 course of six
- Extended bikini OR half arms
£115 single treatment, £575 course of six
- Full arms
£150 single treatment, £750 course of six
- Brazilian Bikini
£160 single treatment, £800 course of six
- Hollywood Bikini OR half leg
£172 single treatment, £860 course of six
FREE LASER HAIR REMOVAL CONSULTATION – BRISTOL
If you would like to discover the benefits of laser hair removal for yourself, contact Quinn Clinics for a free of charge hair removal consultation.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: 0117 924 4592