- What is Hypertrichosis?
- New Website for Quinn Clinics
- Best Time of Year for Laser Hair Removal
- January Sale: 2018 Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Christmas Opening Hours 2017
- NHS Laser Hair Removal
- Toe Hair Removal Tops List of Embarrassing Beauty Secrets
- November Laser Hair Removal Offers
- Life After Laser Hair Removal
- Autumn Laser Hair Removal
Shaving Before Laser Hair Removal
A question very often misunderstood by those contemplating laser hair removal for the first tims is how to prepare.
Many patients are used to waxing or epilating, both of which require a certain amount of hair growth in order to be effective, as they both involve essentially pulling the hair out of its root (ouch!).
So with laser hair removal, how much do you need to allow the hair to grow before treatment?
The great news is, not at all. In fact, having much hair growth is not advised as it can cause singeing.
The best advice is to shave around 24 hours before treatment. This has a number of benefits:
- Hair is too short to ‘singe’ so treatment is comfortable and safe
- Hair is not visible or embarrassing, unlike having to wait for the next wax
- The root is still in place so the laser can pick out the pigment in the hair below the skin’s surface
However, while shaving prior to treatment is advised, it is very important NOT to use any alternative form of hair removal which removes the hair at its root – so AVOID waxing, tweezing, plucking or epilating for at least 2 weeks prior to a laser hair removal session.
Bleaching should also be avoided as while the hair is intact, the lack of pigment will make laser hair removal unsuccessul.
Laser Hair Removal Questions
For further queries or concerns about laser hair removal, please contact our experts at Quinn Clinics’ Bristol Laser Hair Removal clinic.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL, BRISTOL
Quinn Clinics’ laser hair removal centre in Clifton offers a choice of 2 state of the art laser hair removal machines. Staff are fully trained and as Quinn Clinics is a doctor owned and led business, clinical standards are very high.
CONTACT US – FREE APPOINTMENT
Quinn Clinics offer a free consultation and skin more without any pressure for clients to learn more.
68, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2BG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 924 4592